Whitesquare - Inside The Track - Lost
Hailing from the Italian capital, Rome, emerges the up and coming House Music producer, Whitesquare. Begining on the scene in 2011, his releases have been championed by the likes of Noir, AFFKT, Phil Kieran, X-Press 2, Tocadisco, Wally Lopez, Shir Kahn to name a few. His productions pull in influences from further a field than your run-of-the-mill track and he has the ability to run off an array of sounds from the very broad spectrum that is house music. With releases on Skint, Noir and Ministry Of Sound under his belt – you can expect a lot more from this fellow.
1) Congratulations on your new release ‘Lost’. How is it being received in your sets? & How are other club DJs responding to the release?
The whole EP gained a good reaction in clubs and on social networks. I received great feedback on it. Really happy to get support from Maya Jane Coles, James Zabiela, Jacques Renault, Danny Howels and Shadow Child who really love the NT89 remix.
2) Tell us more about the ‘Lost’ track. What was the main inspiration behind it and what prompted the musical direction on this?
Well I guess the main inspiration was to produce something with an old school house taste, and a little techno twist on it. As you can feel the same baseline sound on all the EP tracks, which is a very analog NY house feel inspired by one of my favourite tracks ever. Mr Fingers ‘Can You Feel It’
3) Production wise, what is it about the track that makes it work?
I think the baseline groove which is really catchy and of course the vocal line that sits perfectly on it.
4) What is the one machine, program, sound, drum machine, technique that characterizes your sound?
I use Ableton for editing the track and Fl studio for working on the beats and rhythms. I don’t use many VST’s actually just Massive, Sylenth1 and Subboombass. I do sample a lot of sounds from old vinyl though which gives the my sounds a more “live” feel.
5) What is the one piece of kit that you simply cannot do without?
6) Any advice for your fans on how to make it in today’s fast paced game?
You can do it!
Whitesquare Follow Page & Releases on Traxsource