5 things you don't know about DJ Anna
DJ Anna is one of Brazil’s finest exports, exploding onto the electronic music scene as one of the most exciting female DJs & producers of this era. With a love of music from an early age she has been rocking clubs in her home country since the age of 15, and it shows, DJ Anna’s presence and ability behind the decks is simply stunning, igniting the dance floor and creating an energy that captivates. On the music production front, Anna’s deep, yet energetic tech house & techno has found a home on some of the finest labels such as Tronic, Witty Tunes, Great Stuff & Toolroom Records.
The 5 things you don’t know.
- 1) I started to play when I was 14 years old, and since then this has been my job, I never really had to think about what I would become, but just before that when I was about 12, I was making and selling chocolate truffles, I was very good at it, I still am actually and I still cook some delicious desserts every now and then.
- 2) I’ve had a few names as a DJ and producer, when I started out it used to be DJ Anali, but soon after I’ve changed to Anna Miranda before I settled down with DJ Anna.
- 3) I’m an excellent volleyball player, I was invited to play professionally once and won the award for best player back in my hometown, but I’ve stopped playing once I started DJing, as I was always always getting to practice very tired and still with my make up on from the night before, my coach wasn’t too happy about it.
- 4) I love to cook and I’ve been thinking about creating my own cookies brand.
- 5) Before going to work in the studio, I meditate for about half an hour in there and light up an incense stick, to help clean up the energy in the room and creat a good vibe for making music.