5 Things You Don't Know About Shinedoe
International DJ, producer and founding spirit of Amsterdam imprint Intacto Records – Shinedoe’s unique vision of electronic dance music, combined with her talent, dynamism and pioneering spirit have acted as a springboard, propelling her to the forefront of house and techno global club scenes.
Living in Amsterdam with strong Nigerian ties, Shinedoe’s love of music and passion for dance provided the only fuel she needed to start experimenting with mixes in the early nineties. Her tremendous ability to create a personalised fusion of warm and funky sounds switching from warm Detroit techno to funky house to US garage ensured she was in popular demand as a DJ by the time she was nineteen.
Nowadays, Shinedoe is a regular invitee at the global party hotspots but wherever she performs, it is her energy, radiance and unique ability to convey human emotions through electronic music that has enabled her to transcend borders and cultures and leave the clubbing crowds breathless.
- 1) I love to eat traditional Dutch herring, without the pickles and onions. One of the tastiest herring stall is around the Haarlemmerplein, near my neighborhood at the Westerpark in Amsterdam. You can definitely wake me up for a herring!
- 2) I’m passionate about Yoga and I have been doing Yoga for many years. It’s a way to stay connected with myself, in a physical and mental way. Especially after all the crazy partying during nightlife.
- 3) I’m interested in art. My favourite painters are Dali and Picasso. I love the surrealistic deep ways of art. You can hear some surrealistic elements in my album “Illogical Directions” too. I used to paint and draw as a hobby back in the days.
- 4) Motorbikes, I’m crazy about them. I love the sound and look of a Harley Davidson. Unfortunately I don’t have my motor license yet. Maybe, some day.?!
- 5) It’s important for me to eat fresh and unprocessed healthy food. That’s why I like to cook with ingredients of which 90% is organic. During my gigs I try to go with the flow in choices of restaurants, but when at home I go organic.. All food should be organic in my opinion.
Shinedoe album project ‘Illogical Directions’ is out now on Traxsource