Get to know Lupe Fuentes
Born in Colombia and raised in Madrid Spain, Lupe Fuentes has already started to make her mark on the electronic music world. On her way to living her dream to becoming an accomplished producer and DJ, Lupe is releasing tracks on credible Labels like Junior Sanchez’s ‘Brobot’, and Spain’s own ‘Undercool Productions’ with upcoming releases on Todd Terry’s ‘Inhouse’ & NYC’s ‘Nervous Records’. Lupe Fuentes has also been rocking dance floors, with DJ shows playing alongside incredible artists like Oscar G and Roger Sanchez. Her sound melds many subgenres of deep, tech, tribal and Latin house music, and with already many releases locked and loaded, Lupe Fuentes is one artist you need to look out for.
- 1) When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a super hero and I thought I could fly.. So I jumped off the highest piece of furniture in the house and split my head wide open. I still have a scar from it on my forehead. That was the very first piece of reality that struck me… Literally!
- 2) Growing up in Spain, and having Colombian Roots, my musical upbringing was rooted in Latin music in my home and of course House Music in the streets and the nightclubs. Dance music has always been something that speaks to me and flows through my veins, but I also have a deep love for Classic Rock, especially, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, CCR, and more! I love any music that really makes you feel something!
- 3) I am involved with a charity here in Los Angeles area that helps to feed the homeless . I believe that it is very important in life to give something back, especially when you have been on the other side and know what it is like to have nothing. I grew up very poor and I have a very strong work ethic and a very deep appreciation for all the blessings I have in my life today!
- 4) I have a deep appreciation for artistic photography, especially Black and White photographs. Some of my favourite photographers are Helmut Newton, Steven Meisel, Karl Lagerfeld, Annie Leibovitz, David Lachapelle, Terry Richardson, Joan Crisol, and more!
- 5) I never really watch TV very much, but when I am unwinding my Favourite TV show is The Family Guy, which I didn’t understand so well when I first moved to the USA because I did not speak English at all. 5 years later, I now speak English fluently and I often laugh till I cry (sometimes) watching the show. It’s hilarious and I absolutely love Stewie!
(And one bonus lesser known fact about Lupe Fuentes)
- 6) I recently became hooked on Japanese Green Tea. I get completely wired when I’m in my studio producing beats. Sometimes I don’t leave my house for days on end. I can’t believe that green tea is 100% legal, because if you drink enough of it, it’s kinda like a really productive legal crack! LOL
Lupe Fuentes latest release ‘Don’t Hold Back’ is out now on Traxsource