Pablo Fierro - Inside The Track 'Zultan'
With ‘Zultan’ (Pablo Fierro Remix) via Uno Mas Digital Recordings currently number 1 on the Afro House Top 10. We sat down with Pablo Fierro to get an indepth look ‘Inside The Track’ and more with this Exclusive interview.
1) Congratulations on your new release. How is it being received in your sets? & How are other club DJs responding to the release?
Thank you very much. I am very happy with the support I’ve got from this new Ep “Zultan” and especially thanks Steve Paradise for giving me the opportunity to work on this remix. I did not expect this response from people and I am very grateful. Many DJs are playing the song and receive very good vibrations. But I think a good remix is nothing if the original isn’t good.
2) Tell us more about the track. What was the main inspiration behind it and what prompted the musical direction on this?
The main sound in the song is the flute. I tried to create a groove around it to strengthen the entire set of sounds. I could of chosen several sounds from the original song but in the end decided to use the flute.
3) Production wise, what is it about the track that makes it work?
Chords are standard and they have a slight delay which is what makes it more groovy. For the bass I used a Djembe Sound and play it in via the EXS24 sampler. Plus some others Afro Latin percussions and it’s ready!
4) What is the one machine, program, sound, drum machine, technique that characterizes your sound?
Logic & Trillian from Sprectrasonics for the bass. It depends on many things but mainly I use Trillian.
5) What is the one piece of kit that you simply cannot do without?
There are many, but the main tool is my creativity. If my mind does not flow, there is nothing to do. I think rest after many hours on the computer is very important.
6) Any advice for your fans on how to make it in today’s fast paced game?
With everything, do it with all your heart and love, so you will achieve all that you set out in life.