In The Studio with The Deepshakerz
The Italian duo Domy Berardino & Mirco Sonatore () regularly serve up a perfect blend of various musical styles ranging from vocal House, afro-beats, to 90s Tech and Chicago style. Their music has led to them gaining international support from the DJ likes: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and many more….
“Elevated” available now on Traxsource.
With a consistent output of quality music & their first project of 2015 entitled featuring on vocals just landing EXCLUSIVELY on Traxsource, we reached out to The Deepshakerz to see how they create their tracks within our next In The Studio feature.
1) What equipment do you have in your studio? (full studio kit list).
- Apple Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz intel core , 8Gb Ram
- Apple 27” iMac, 3.4ghz quad-core Intel i7, 16gb RAM, 1tb Fusion Drive,
- Yamaha PSR E403
- Korg Nanokey,
- Korg Volca Bass,
- Headphones: Technics RP-DH1200 , American Audio Hp Professional 700 / 550 (black)
- Amplifier: Marantz 1050
- Logic Pro 8 , Logic Studio 9
- Native Instruments Massive,
- Native Instruments Reaktor 5,
- Native Instruments Battery 5,
- Native Instruments Razor,
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig,
- Arturia Minimoog V
- Arturia Spark Vintage Drum Maschine
- Arturia CS-80V2
- Korg M1
- Korg M1 Le
- Korg Polysix
- Korg Wavestation
- Korg MDE-X
- Lennar Digital Sylenth 1
- Novation Bass Station
- reFx Nexus
- TAL BassLine 101
- Tone2 Electra X
- Antares Auto-Tune
- FabFilter Micro
- FabFilter Pro-C
- FabFilter Pro-G
- FabFilter Pro-L
- FabFilter Saturn
- FabFilter Simplon
- FabFilter Timeless 2
- FabFilter Volcano 2
NOTE: Click the images for large versions
The Deepshakerz Studio Interview
2) What is your favourite piece of equipment to use in the studio & why?
Our favourite piece is our main Keyboard: the Yamaha PSR e 403 because it’s very useful for our productions. With software, we use this for the grooves and 70% of the ideas we come up with. For the other 30%, we use various stuff to come up specific ideas at that moment!
3) Give us some insight into your production process. How do you typically begin constructing a track?
Yeah! Nice question: as usual we have a simple way before to start every track. We use input from various areas such as a little sample, a loop, a video or another track to inspires us to make & develop an idea for a track. For example, we derived ideas from a commercial trailer for a PC game on Youtube and the sample of that song was ripped from there. A lot of our old and upcoming tracks have their story (and in general) always try to take ideas & inspiration from everywhere and anyone! :)
4) What piece of studio equipment or production process defines The Deepshakerz sound?
Definitely our best companions in the studio are our Yamaha PSR, NI – Massive and Korg M1 because they give us the right balance of sounds to use when we make music.
5) What piece of hardware/software elevated your production to a higher level & how?
Its not a specific piece of hardware or software. The most important thing that’s elevated all of our productions to higher level is the Final mixdown. It’s very important for us to give our tracks that unmistakable touch so people can identify your sound, that’s why we spend a lot of time on the final part of the tracks with the proper plug-in’s, Compressors, EQs etc. The sound defiantly must be a personal thing for every artist :)
6) What fresh equipment have you recently added to the lab?
We recently added the new Korga Volca Bass to our studio. It’s a little gem, handy & very easy to use with very good sounds and patterns.
7) Your essential studio supplies (food, drink, cigs etc) are?
Ihihi for sure. Its a specialty from our motherland (Apulia): TARALLINI… can’t be missed on our table :)
8) What list of artists have influenced your sound?
9) Give us 3 of your favourite productions? (tunes that you created)
- Workout (on Area Remote)
- Let The Rhythm (on Snatch Records!)
- Reaction (on Safe Music)
10) What new production should your fans be on the lookout for at Traxsource soon?
To start the New Year we have our brand new single on our Safe Music Imprint “Elevated” and we want specify that it’s officially our first single with an original vocal from a young and talented UK singer: Kwey Le Marchant. It’s a very interesting pack because all the tracks have a very simple and classic hook, but I think this could be something very interesting for all the DJs ;)
The Deepshakerz artist/label pages on Traxsource.
Safe Music releases on Traxsource.