5 Things You Don't Know About The Carry Nation
The Carry Nation are NYC DJ’s Nita & Will Automagic. Will has produced and remixed records as part of Automagic and other monikers for many labels over the last 14 years. The labels include King St., Classic, Buzzin’ Fly, Definity, A Touch Of Class, K.I.D. Recordings, Get Up Recordings, Nervous and his Captivating Records imprint. He’s produced and remixed noted artists such as N’Dea Davenport, The Ones, The Ananda Project. And his own projects have been remixed by Hani, David Morales, Kim Ann Foxman, House of Stank and The Juan MacLean among others.
Nita made a name for himself performing as a member of the House of Aviance in the 90s & landed behind the decks in the early 2000’s. His past residencies include the East Village’s AREA10009 at Opaline & TUBWAY at the legendary Mr.Black. In his relatively short production history, he has already logged remixes for the Scissor Sisters, Le1f, Automagic, & Adam Joseph. He is also one-half of the production teams BOOKWRMZ and Brooklyn Is Burning.
Nita & Will just put a fresh project entitled ‘Late At Night’ out on Traxsource via Eli Escobar & Blu Jemz new NY label, Night People NYC. So we caught some time with them both to find out 5 interesting facts about them both.
- 1) The Carry Nation is dually named after a pre-prohibition era anti-alcohol terrorist. He is best known for using a hatchet to bust up bars in the late 1800’s And the fictitious band from the film Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
- 2) We were both percussionists as teenagers and had bands who’s careers were very short-lived. R.I.P. Deliberate Ambiguity & The Three Nails.
- 3) Big on collaboration, not only are we each part of other duos, but we love working with other duos as well. We have an open relationship.
- 4) Both of us began our DJ careers outside the realm of house music, Nita as a hip-hop DJ and Will focusing on rare groove.
- 5) Though we’re known mainly as house DJ’s, one of our favorite gigs is our yearly disco throw-down at Horse Meat Disco in London.