Inside The Track w/ Junior Sanchez
Junior Sanchez’s ever-evolving and forward-thinking style has attracted positive attention from artists spanning all genres. Over the course of his career, Junior has produced and remixed material for Madonna, Shakira, Katy Perry, Good Charlotte, Placebo, The Bravery, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Blaqk Audio, Hot Hot Heat, Roisin Murphy, Felix Da Housecat, The Faint, New Order, Emiliana Torrini, Jamiroquai, Giorgio Moroder, Moving Units, Les Rhythmes Digitales, and countless others. When he is not producing for some of the biggest artists in the industry, Junior focuses on his own massive tracks like “Where You Are” and “I Believe In.” As a DJ, he has performed internationally in clubs and festivals throughout the United States, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
1) Congratulations on your new release. How is it being received in your sets? & How are other club DJs responding to the release?
You know, i don’t really pay attention if other dj’s are playing it. i appreciate those who do and understand those who don’t. but its my art and i just create if people dig it and understand it amazing! i am truly happy that louie did and he understood the vision that’s all that matters to me. Much respect to him for that he’s a legend and admire all his work not just in house music , his musical journey overall has been an inspiration to me!!
2) Tell us more about the track. What was the main inspiration behind it and what prompted the musical direction on this?
I wanted to create something organic and a bit of a journey , something epic so when i started this track i started with the sense that i would really tap into my roots , a lot of people don’t know that i am from Brasilian decent. my mother is from Bahia (Salvador) in brazil
3) Production wise, what is it about the track that makes it work?
I think its the souls it has, also the way it just takes the listener on a journey and keeps building and building! its pretty Epic
4) What is the one machine, program, sound, drum machine, technique that characterizes your sound?
Its not just 1 thing its a combination of things, Analog Synths, OutBoard Gear, my Roland Aria SetUp, Live & Protools11HDX that really encompass my sound
5) What is the one piece of kit that you simply cannot do without?
The Only thing i can do without would be my monitors Adam’s S3xH’s without them i cannot hear what i’m making! lol thats important
6) Any advice for your fans on how to make it in todayís fast paced game?
The Best Advice i can give any young producer /Dj is to stay creative and make music because you have a passion for the art not what comes with it!