Traxsource Throwback Chart 001 - April 18, 2013
Traxsource was built by DJs and producers, and to this day, 100% of our core staff–from marketing to operations to our genre managers–is made up of DJs and DJ-producers. So when we tell you we love this music, we mean it. When we say we love the underground, we’re not kidding. And when we boast that our new, weekly Traxsource Throwback Chart is going to be a blast for you to listen to every Thursday, we take full credit–because it will be.
From all-time staples like Cajual’s Brighter Days to Kerri Chandler bangers like ‘So Let the Wind Come’ and to Alan Braxe’s unreal ‘Intro’, we guarantee at least a smile or ten in this week’s chart. Each week, in addition to our Throwback Thursday photos and videos, expect a brand new chart of ten tracks to add to your DJ quiver: timeless, unapologetically old school songs every DJ should know and have.
Throwback Chart 001
1. Heavy Vibes (Original Mix) out on Philly Sound Works featuring Montana Sextet and Vincent Montana Jr.
2. You Don’t Know (Special Remix) out on Easy Street featuring Serious Intention and Special.
3. Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix) out on Cajual featuring Cajmere, Dajae.
4. Sound Of Music Is out on Madhouse Records featuring Grampa.
5. Let Yourself Go (Let Yourself Go Mix) out on Dance Club Records featuring 95 North.
6. Sandcastles (Martjin Ten Velden & Mark Knight Mix) out on Ibadan featuring Ferrer, Sydenham Inc.
7. So Let The Wind Come (Remix) out on Nite Grooves featuring Kerri Chandler.
8. Intro out on Vulture featuring Alan Braxe, Fred Falke.
9. The Jaguar out on Underground Resistance featuring UR.
10. It Looks Like Love (Original Mix 1978) out on Philly Sound Works featuring Montana Orchestra, Goody Goody, Vincent Montana Jr.
Time to Listen
You can visit this chart by clicking here or on this album grid, or preview the tracks below :
These are some pretty damn fun tracks. Tune back here again next Thursday, April 25 as we dig real deep for Traxsource Throwback Chart 002, and head on over to Traxsource to see what future classics might have come up this week. Drop us a line on our Facebook or hit us with your favorite #throwbacktrax on Twitter!