Traxsource Throwback Chart 002 - April 25, 2013
Traxsource was built by DJs and producers, and to this day, 100% of our core staff–from marketing to operations to our genre managers–is made up of DJs and DJ-producers. So when we tell you we love this music, we mean it. When we say we love the underground, we’re not kidding. And when we tell you that our new, weekly Traxsource Throwback Chart is going to be a blast for you to listen to every Thursday, we mean it 100%.
From all-time staples like Mike Dunns’s ‘God Made Me Phunky’ to Boris Dlugosch bangers like ‘Ready’ and to MK’s remix of Chez Damiers ‘I Never Knew Love’, we guarantee at least a smile or ten in this week’s chart. Each week, in addition to our Throwback Thursday photos and videos, expect a brand new chart of ten tracks to add to your DJ quiver: timeless, unapologetically old school songs every DJ should know and have.
Throwback Chart 002
1. Equinox (Heavenly Club Mix) out on Strictly Rhythm produced by Code 718 (aka Danny Tenaglia)
2. I Never Knew Love (MK Club Mix) out on ITH produced by Chez Damier
3. Dancing In Outer Space (Masters At Work Remixes) Lunar Mix Part 1 out on Disorient produced by Atmosfear
4. I’ll Be Your Friend (Original Mix) out on 1trax produced by Robert Owens
5. Mahogany Brown (Original Mix) out on Peacefrog Records produced by Moodymann
6. Glow (Spirit Catcher Remix) out on Saw Recordings produced by Satoshi Tomiie
7. Ready (Mix Uno) out on Peppermint Jam produced by Boris Dlugosch
8. God Made Me Phunky (Original Mix) out on Bargrooves produced by MD X-Spress
9. High (Kenny’s Classic Remix) out on Plaza produced by Skyy
10. Happy People (Knee Deepâs to L.B. Dub) out on Easy Street produced by Kathy Brown
Time to Listen
You can visit this chart by clicking here or on this album grid, or preview the tracks below :
These are some pretty cool tracks. Tune back here again next Thursday, May 2nd as we dig real deep for Traxsource Throwback Chart 003, and head on over to Traxsource to see what future classics might have come up this week. Drop us a line on our Facebook or hit us with your favorite #throwbacktrax on Twitter!