EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Chiqito
Budapest, Hungary producer Chiqito (real name Acsai Attila) started making music at the tender age of 12. As his career has progressed, his tech house, techno beats found their home on Stefano Noferini’s label Deeperfect Records, Sneakerz Muzik, Mark Knight’s Toolroom Records, Stereo Productions, Nervous and many others. His tracks have also gain support from the likes of Loco Dice & DJ Sneak.
We caught up with Chiqito to find out just whats happening in his world, his new release on Sub Society & more in this Exclusive Interview
1) First off where did you come up with the name Chiqito?
My Father’s nickname is “Csicso”. I became the little Csicso, and I tweaked it to Chiqito.
2) Who are the artists that influence you and your sound?
Hector Couto & Cuartero, Hector Moralez, Ramon Tapia and Dj Sneak.
3) What is your favorite piece of gear or plug-in?
The Roland bass boot is my favourite studio toy.
4) Which software do you use to produce?
The best software for is FL Studio
5) How did you link up with Sub Society?
6) Who are some of your favorite artists at the moment?
7) Are there any artists you would like to collaborate with?
At the moment I am just working on Chiqito only projects right now.
8) How would you describe the Chiqito sound?
My sound was influenced by the old school sound, with a focus on the gangster house ethos while not pandering to current trends.
9) What are your top 5 go to records?
Desolat, Saved, I’m A House Gangster, Sanity, ViVA Music.